May Recipe of the Month!
The Kitchen - submitted by on May 10, 2010, 1:25 pm
Happy Cinco de Mayo from Chef Creations!
Fiesta Chicken Enchiladas
Prep Time: 15 Min Cook Time: 20 Min Ready In: 35 Min (Serves 4)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 cup Salsa, divided
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 2 min. Add chicken, 1/4 cup of the salsa, cream cheese, cilantro and cumin; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam-side down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.
Spice up your recipe by adding 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained, to the filling mixture and prepare as directed
Substitute 2 pkg. (6 oz. each) of Deli Fresh Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Cuts for the cooked shredded chicken if desired